Eolas Soiléir was established in January 2013 and received charitable status in April 2013. This organization evolved from CLEAR (Centre for Learning, Education, Awareness and Revival) that was set up in 2009.
Our mission is to promote non-formal education and volunteering to tackle global inequality and promote critical thinking.
Is a society where all people are valued and respected. Where education is accessible to all. Where mindfulness and wellbeing of individuals are given equal value in education. Where people are supported in developing critical thinking skills to tackle global inequality.
Eolas Soiléir is values based organisation, and we work to ensure that our practices are in line with our core values:
- Volunteering: To work for the benefit of society without seeking material reward. Within this to work towards social change and the development of self.
- Respect and Diversity: to embrace diversity and intercultural learning. Respect should be at the centre of its relationship with partners, participants and all those involved in its activities.
- Human Rights – respect for individuals as stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Integrity: belief in honesty, fairness and professionalism in all its activities.
- Non-violence – as a principle and a method
- Solidarity – international solidarity for a more just world and solidarity between human beings at all levels
- Respect for the Environment – to promote sustainable development principals / earth-care, people-care and fair-shares.
- Inclusion – to be open and inclusive to all individuals who share the aims and objectives of the organisation, without regard to gender, race, colour, religion, nationality, social status, sexual orientation and ability
- Empowerment – empowering people to understand and act to transform the social, cultural and economic structures that affect their lives and the lives of others.
- Co-operation – with local communities as well as other local, national and international actors to strengthen the positive potential within civil society as a whole
To bring together partners to help develop, organise and facilitate learning courses such as;
- Advancement of intercultural education,
- Advance of sustainable development education
- Advancement of development education
- Creative expression
- To promote and facilitate volunteering.
- To develop a learning centre that offers affordable facilities for groups to meet, learn and have fun together.