TOAT – Theater of the Oppressed as an Anti-Discrimination Tool
Venue: Bystrzyckie Mountains, southern Poland (http://www.wataszka.com/)
A five-day training held in Poland from 9th to 13th of October 2017.
The objectives of this course were:
- to learn more about the issues and challenges of marginalised young people.
- to explore new approaches in inclusive practices specifically to learn about using drama methodologies in their youth work practice & ‘Forum & legislative theatre/theatre of the Oppressed’.
- to explore new ways of learning about and influencing policy and lawmaking.
- to search for new ways to eliminate discrimination through theatre methodologies.
- to develop new educational projects involving marginalised youth.
- to work on organizing local, national and international activities that address marginalisation and exclusion.
- to share this learning with their projects upon their return to their home country.
- to explore the Erasmus+ programme in greater detail.
- to provide a space for partnership building for future Erasmus+ projects.